Although these are referred to as “dwarf”, they can still grow from 10 to 15 feet in height.
In the language of flowers, cherry blossoms mean spirituality and beauty. A cherry tree in general means good education! I have no idea why, but I’m ok with it.
How to Plant
- Pick a sunny spot in your garden.
- Dig a hole as deep and as twice as wide as the root ball of the tree.
- Mix in fertilizer. ( I used bone meal.)
- Place the tree in the hole and fill with dirt about halfway.
- Water and let the soil settle.
- Fill in the remaining dirt and water.
- Prune only as needed in late winter or early spring to remove dead branches.
Honestly, I love our weeping cherry tree! This tree has become extremely popular, so if you see one at a nursery, grab it! It won’t be there very long.